At Packet6, the health and safety of our team and our clients remain our top priority. As a company, we are committed to ensuring that our staff and our customers are adhering to safety guidelines to help minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
Here are the steps we have taken to ensure that your safety and the safety of our staff is our top priority.
- Engineers must wear a mask during site visits and in-person meetings while on site.
- Engineers are required to do temperature checks and symptom checks at home and are encouraged to stay home if they experience any of the symptoms listed for COVID-19 on the CDC website.
- Packet6 will provide engineers with appropriate PPE prior to visiting client sites.
- When feasible and appropriate, Packet6 encourages staff to conduct meetings virtually through video conferencing or telephone calls.
- Packet6 is committed to providing the best service possible through strong communication via phone calls, text messaging, and email.
- All work trips and events requiring travel via airplane will be canceled/postponed until further health guidelines from the State and local Counties.
To further protect our staff and clients, we ask that our clients adhere to the following guidelines when meeting with one of our engineers on site.
- Wear masks. If you do not have one, Packet6 will provide you with one.
- Refrain from shaking hands or unnecessary physical contact.
- Maintain 6 feet distance at all times.
- As much as we would like to share a meal or a drink, refrain from offering food and beverages for our staff.
- When feasible and appropriate, communicate with Packet6 over email, text, over the phone or video conferencing.
- If possible, open windows in your facility regularly to ensure proper ventilation.
- When possible, limit the number of people at the site to maintain proper social distancing protocols.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines.